Monday, August 20, 2007

Let the countdown begin!

18 more Canadian sleeps and then we will be air bound.

I am writing this blog in the middle of the "moving zone". We have turned Ty's house into one big maze of boxes and we are taping the lid on another Edmonton house. Moving is always emotional in the end, when you close doors for the last time and say an echoey goodbye. Luckily and strangely, Ty's roommate and good friend Ken will still be living in this particular stepping stone. It is lucky because it doesn't feel so final, but it is strange to "visit" Ken in your old place.

Check out our brand new NIECE! We are an aunt and uncle now!

Congratulations Rachelle (Ty's little sis) and Dave!
We haven't met Mia Rachelle Dietrich yet, but we should be heading down to Lomond on Wednesday or Thursday.
Isn't she beautiful!

Stay tuned for more travel updates and plans.
K

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you two! I'm really excited for your trip! I'll pass your blog on to Jerry-Lynn so that she can keep track of your progress. :-) Spare a kind thought for those of us headed back to school every so often!
Laura

ML said...

Congratulations on being an auntie and uncle! Congrats to sis & family as well..yes your niece is gorgeous!
Marilee & George

Anonymous said...

So good to stay up to date with you both if it is not in person at least through this message I can pick up wherever I might be.

Love,

Am

Anonymous said...

Kelsey....email me!!!

jamtor@telus.net

I DO NOT want to lose touch with you again!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Tori! ;)

ramblings said...

Hi Guys
When exactly are you leaving? Will we see you before you go?
If not, have a great trip and keep us in touch. We'll look here for updates.
Stan and Becky