Welcome to our rainy day tour of the rockies. I had 2 weeks off from work and so we headed to the mountains. Alberta has been in draught, so we can't complain about the rain, but it does make tenting quite the adventure.Before any drops fell we stopped for a soak at Miette Hot Springs. It was glorious to sooth all those tightened muscles.
We beat the rain in making supper, but not eating it. This was our first of many meals in the car/tent.
Our second day, the heavy downpours were pretty sporadic, so we were able to play in the rain.
Athabasca Falls
Horseshoe Lake, it was the bluest and clearest lake I had ever seen.
After rushing to pack up before the rain started yet again, we were able to stay ahead of the clouds as we headed down Highway 93, appropriately named the Icefield Parkway.
Stunning falls at Tangle Creek! I am trying to fit in with the posing of the other tourists around us, it's fun to hear about your country from an outside view.
Columbia Icefield: mighty and cold sum it up.
Rampart Creek was an amazing campground. We had a short reprieve from the rain and so decided to dip our heads instead. Unfortunately, we weren't so lucky the next morning, and had to pack up in the rain.
Needing a break from the dampness we made for the Nordegg Lodge, where we are comfortably enjoying a hot shower, supper in their delicious restaurant and the view of rain on the mountains from our hotel room.
When the clouds lift and the rain pauses we remember why the rockies are the best!
Spaggia La Calendre and Goodbye Ks!
1 month ago

2 comments:
I agree - the Rockies are the best! We don't get out there near as much as I'd like. Thanks for the comment, Kels. I think Zach will be a drummer too!!! He already seems to have a good sense of beat. Of course moms always think their kids can do anything. lol :)
I second that! The Rockies are amazing. You took some classic pictures of the sheep and the glaciers that remind me of my many journies through the mountains.
Rockies here I come (in a week and a half).
A
Post a Comment