School is finally out for the summer! Owww! I have 2 well earned months off from work and Kelsey has the next 2 weeks off. Not fair, I know.

To start,
PrePost had 3 gigs in 6 days. All 3 were outdoors and public, a nice change from the late night indie scene. We played two shows at the Works festival downtown. Big stage, good sound. A great time. The band is sounding really good since our last show at The Pawn Shop.

We finished the 3 with another outdoor show at Borden Park for Canada Day. Although there were some technical glitches, it might have been the biggest audience we've ever played for. Not sure how many, but it numbered in the thousands!
Mid June we went down to Consort, Alberta for Kelsey's bro's wedding. Believe it or not, this is the only picture we have of Kevin and Lori on their wedding day. They're flanked by grandparents, smiling for the "official" camera.

The wedding was a chance for me to stretch myself musically, as I provided the tunes for the ceremony. I found out later that they actually only asked me to play the guitar, not to sing. I did both and nobody got hurt.

And this is just a cool shot. Dads front and centre. Best Man / Brother on the left, and Mom helping ol' uncle Clifford or the right. They look like the coolest band around!

That's all for now. We're heading into the mountains for a week, so you know what to expect on the next post. I'll try to get a hold of the camera so it won't be the all-Ty show next time.
What I've learned today: it's a lot of work to get ready to go camping!
- Tyrn
1 comment:
Sounds like a good time playing out in the fresh air for a huge crowd. Well done!
Have a great time in the mountains. Say hello to them from me.
A
Post a Comment