Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Wife Cut My Hair

Before:

During:After:


I've finally entered the stage of life when I allow my wife to cut my hair with dull scissors and no experience in order to save twenty bucks. I've already taken to sewing my own shirts on this trip - what's next?

So it happened like this, see.
Ty: I need a haircut
Kelsey: Ok, let's find a place and get that done
Rich: I have a pair of scissors and a trimmer in the bathroom. You could use those if you want.
Ty: That might be fun, actually. Like an adventure!
Kelsey: I've never cut hair in my life. Not even when I was a little girl.
Ty: But we could save TWENTY BUCKS!
Kelsey: Okay, but it's my first try, so don't blame me if it sucks.
(During the Haircut)
Kelsey: Oops. (laughing) That's interesting!
Ty: WHAT ARE YOU DOING??
Kelsey: Smile for the camera!
Ty: I AM SMILING (through clenched teeth)
Kelsey: We can just go with the BIC if it doesn't work out.
(After the haircut)
Ty: Hey, that's half decent!
Kelsey: Yay, we made it through our first marital trial!
Ty: Barely

THE END

So, our time here has been mostly chill. Rich and Katy had some plans to do some big hiking, but we ended up mostly staying in and playing cards and sipping tea because we were sick. It was so nice to actually have a homey place to rest and recover.
Finally on Friday we were ready to do a little bit of outdoor adventure. We hiked up the "Bastille" which is a fortress on top of a small mountain in the town. It's so cool to think that these place actually used to have to be defended with swords and arrows! You can see it there at the top of the hill.
These are our friends, the Garden Gnomes!
Classic arch pose:
We made it to the top:
And then it started to rain, and they have these really cool bubble pods that can take you back down to the town, so we took these. Actually, we might have taken it even if it wasn't raining because they're so cool looking.



Tomorrow we finally head to Paris, which will be our last stop in France. Unfortunately, there is another french strike looming, threatening to make our Paris trip difficult, or maybe just more adventurous. In a week we'll be in Italy, and in two weeks we will have left Europe for Egypt. Kelsey is starting to get the jitters about going to Asia, a part of the world that she hasn't experienced yet. We still will be coming back to Greece in late December, so it's not "goodbye Europe" yet.

Stay tuned,
T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great haircut Kels, No strings straggles or quets. You are licensed!