Last weekend we took in the free attractions day in Edmonton. Yes, free! (with a donation to the food bank) We planned to see Fort Edmonton, the zoo, the Muttart Conservatory, and go swimming. Turns out though, that we're not the only people who heard about this free day, and so the last three didn't happen due to ridiculously long line ups.I should have taken more pictures, but I was struck in awe as my wife all but stumped the interpreters with her questions. And it's not because she couldn't, she just didn't want to embarrass them, really. When we came to one, I asked "Hey, old fashioned man, where'd you get that hot tea?", and then Kelsey goes and one ups me with "I notice that you're dressed as a Voyageur. Wouldn't that have been a little out dated in the time period you're representing?" and "When you say Winnipeg, don't you mean Lord Selkirk's region?" It was fun to see them squirm!
Really Cool: the fact that they have an 1885 bakery. I had "Frontier beef stew with slab of bread". Mmmm.

1 comment:
looks fun guys. little gordie d. is looking super cute. i love the white paws.
ty i have to tell you about this... i am not trying to brag, but i am super excited. i am currently living out gran turismo!
kylie and i just bought a 2008 subaru with aftermarket STI turbo, intercooler, cold air intake, STI exhaust, racing suspension with variable height and damping and wilwood brakes!
it has been raining here, so i havent really pushed it yet, but wooo hoooooo! super fun car! (also a viable family vehicle - from the outside it looks like a slightly flashy station wagon).
Post a Comment