Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer at Home

Summer is coming to an end and school is around the corner. So, as I look back on the summer and the hours spent in my basement, I wonder where the time went. Shouldn't I have accomplished more? I mean, a week from now I'll be back in my classroom with another batch of manic pubescents, and I'm supposed to be coming back refreshed and rejuvenated, satisfied with my prescribed dose of summer. But, it has been a great summer. Gord has been a joy every day and I feel like a parent, watching him grow up and getting bigger, more adventurous and hungrier every day. The top pic is from Pre/Post's gig at Eastwood Fest. Madi loves him. This next one is of Gord with his new squeeky bone. Already looking less puppy-like.



Here's my progress with the basement renos. It looks so easy in the pictures.

Basement bedroom before:
So far:
Main basement gutted with the foundation repaired.
So far: (That's Kelsey's folks who worked hard with me to do the framing)
A year ago we were living in my parents spare bedroom, looking for a home and jobs. Wow, what a great year it's been. (Teachers see the year from September to August, by the way.)

Other summer joys have been camping, a wedding, riding my motorcycle, and music with Pre/Post. Can't complain about anything, bring on the school year. Bring on the 14-year olds. Bring it.

Peace,
Tyrn

No comments: