Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm a plant in the school play

On Saturday I played a gig with Pre/Post, a slick new project headed by former Plainsay frontman, Mat Halton. Despite the fact that it looks like we're just playing in our living room, there were lots of people in the room and they were diggin' it from what we heard. I'm looking forward to a club show with this band. Stay tuned. The gig was part of the Kaleido Arts Festival put on by Arts on the Ave in Edmonton. You can probably tell we didn't play on the mainstage this weekend by the fact that I'm wearing a tree, but the venue was probably the sweetest of the fest. It was at The Carrot, which is an arts and coffee house on the corner of 118 Ave & 94 St. This area is really spurring an arts community and so if you have a chance, stop in for a great coffee and listen to some tunes or browse the local artisans' offerings du jour.
You can tell by the look on my face in this next one that I had to concentrate really hard in this gig. There was basically no sound monitoring so I had to headphone Jon's beats while trying to sound check myself for the room and the rest of the band. Put me to the test.
keep it funky,
T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey friends. Where are you?? I don't know how to get a hold of you as I don't have your phone number. I emailed you. Let me know your digits.
COlleen